Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Learning

If you are new to this thread, please go back to http://www.lindentreephotograph.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-that-time-again.html to start. It will make more sense.

I attended the workshop myself. I tried to get friends to come but no one was able. I wasn't worried about the workshop per se but about the off time. I am shy about meeting new people and the thought of spending the weekend in a hotel room by myself wasn't all that appealing. In the end, it was a good thing that I went alone. I found I had a great deal to think about. I also went out on a limb and joined some ladies at their table for breakfast. By the end of the workshop, I had made some great new friends. The best part is that we have stayed in touch, even formed ourselves a little internet support group. These are friendships that I cherish now.

I really had no idea what to expect from the workshop itself. Much of what I read on Lindsay's home page made no sense to me. I had never heard of Oneness, tapping or EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques). What I learned made a powerful impression on me. I came away with more hope than I've had in a long time. I learned something so easy yet so powerful. I learned something that was life changing, in more ways than I could have ever imagined.

After the first session, we went for a long walk to think about what I was learning about myself, just me and my camera. When I returned to my room and started looking at the images I had captured, I was amazed that my images reflected the journey that I was on. I would like to share them with you now.


Left Behind

Caged In

Discarded

Hope

Linking Together

The Goal


From this point on, my posts will be letters that I have written as I have tried to incorporate the things that I learned in the workshop, the calming of Oneness and the healing of tapping. The letters were never mailed, never meant to be mailed. I wanted to document the process in the hopes that it would eventually be something helpful to others. The personal format of a letter was the easiest for me to write. And writing to Lindsay seemed natural. Some of the letters are of my personal journey. Some are for your information. Questions and comments are more than welcome.

No comments: