Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 3 of the 10 day food challenge

Wednesdays are crazy days and on top of that, my "little cough" has turned to a nasty bronchitis. Spent all day at the clinic but I've got what I need (and a free lunch) so things should start moving, so to speak. Tonight I had to go with quick and easy. I threw a whole bunch of root vegies (carrot, turnip, parsnip and rutabaga) plus some celery, mushrooms and broccoli into the turkey broth I made last night. We ended up eating it luke warm at 9:00 tonight. Tasted awesome! Jeanne can eat as much as she wants too. Still enough left overs to maybe serve tomorrow or at least feed me and Bob a couple of lunches.

On a side note, the pears are almost gone and I had to take a whole red bell pepper out of Linden's lunch box this morning to salvage it for the pizza.

No comments: